It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.

Edmund Hillary

8.21.2008

Marathon or 10K

I’m seriously behind on training for MCM this October, but I am still in the zone where it’s possible if not probable that I’ll do it. Luckily there’s the downgrade to 10K option, though I’ll be pretty disappointed if I manage to train a lot just in time to figure out that it just isn’t enough. :\

I was pretty sore after my sad little 3-miler on Monday, but I (re)learned something yesterday: the best way to get rid of muscle soreness is to do more exercise. I ran 10K last night and did some similar leg/abs exercises to Monday’s workout and found that all of that lactic acid hanging out all over my body went away, leaving only some very tired muscles and a little soreness only noticeable upon serious flexing… pretty much confined to the quads. I guess I’m not really letting up on them with all this biking I’ve been doing on “off” days. Maybe it’s time for a real (if brief) rest.

Today is push-ups day anyhow. I’ll let my back and arms do all the tiring stuff tonight.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home