It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.

Edmund Hillary

8.20.2007

half ready?


I just put my registration form & check in the mail for the Quantico Half Marathon: "the official training event for the Marine Corps Marathon." Screw that unofficial shit I did a few weeks ago. This is official.

...I'm kind of nervous. There are going to be a lot of Marines running a lot faster than me and mister-man will be there to see me looking really miserable and being very slow. They even allow people to race with strollers. I keep imagining these tough moms zooming past me, pushing twins in double-wide running strollers. Just how pathetic will I be?

I need to stop thinking about other people and remember why I'm doing this. :\

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
That's a really nice race. There will be plenty of people for you to beat (and feel good about) along with a crowd to cheer you on. The course is setup such that you pass the main group of spectators four times and they'll cheer for you :) You'll also get a nice half-medal for your I-Love-Me wall.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home