It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.

Edmund Hillary

6.05.2007

Baby Long Run Tuesday


I felt terrible today - even worse than yesterday - but I made myself run. Ended up feeling pretty good after the first mile so I ran for an hour. Almost hit 5 miles. Worked a couple of short sprints in there and then got into the grass for some crunches and stretching. Usually it takes about five seconds of running (or more!) to get me ridiculous happy and pumped. I think my threshold is getting higher (or maybe these last two days at work have just been as sucky as I think they were). The almost-two miles I did yesterday actually left me feeling worse than I started. I think my new MO will be to run until I feel good and then do whatever more I can or have time for after that. That seems to work well for me.

Also, since I'm getting into higher distances and trying to increase the days I run, I think I'll let this be the beginning of Baby Long Run Tuesdays. Long Run Saturdays were the only ones in the schedule before and I'd just sort of run twice sometime in the middle of the week, whatever distance I felt like. Monday can be the random cadence day since I still feel like my cadence shouldn't be limited to so narrow a range. I guess that leaves Thursday for either a hill workout with one of those groups in the city or just another 3-mile easy run to fill out the weekly miles I need to equal the distance of the coming long run. Let's see how long this lasts.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home