It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.

Edmund Hillary

11.08.2005

the form of my life


I get so irritated when I go to read my friends' blogs and they haven't been updated, yet I rarely feel like updating mine these days. I guess it's because I'm working out my shit -- the shit that needs to be worked out privately -- and I'm doing a good enough job to know that I'd better hang on to the momentum I have and keep my trap shut. That significantly limits what I can write about here. I suppose a general summary of goings-on plus some assorted tidbits will do for now.

I'm spending plenty of time in school and at work, with karate sprinkled in as often as I can make it. I wake up at the crack of dawn on some days, and I stay up until the same time on others. I often run into a pilot roommate on his way in or out at those hours. Sometimes I become resentful of people who have more free time than I have, but then I remember why I do everything I do and come back from outer space.

I try to do a handstand for time every day so that one day I'll be able to do handstand push-ups and maybe even develop enough balance to do them away from a wall. I bought a $10 jumprope at Sports Authority the other day for my cardiovascular health and improved endurance. I hate that I paid so much for a jinky plastic rope just because it's Nike brand, but it was the only kind the store carried and I really needed to just buy a jumprope already. I plan to check out the CrossFit gym (finally) this Sunday to see how close I can get to Pukey the Clown without giving him a big hug. I finally figured out how to get my bike over the banister and down the stairs without injuring myself a few weeks ago. Yay, bike!

I've been thinking about moving to a new apartment in the area and driving my car out from California with Mamyrah in January. I want to dye my hair again. Maybe a big streak of color instead of my whole mane. I could stand a little more time to play, but I make do with what I have. Ayn Rand is my Chicken Soup for the Soul. I find it necessary to re-evaluate my life on nearly a daily basis, which can be wearisome, but I've come to understand that this practice is crucial to my continued progress. I can't wait for Christmas so my nephews can hug away all my earthly worries.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home