It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.

Edmund Hillary

10.06.2005

Marching On


The old birthday passed pretty uneventfully this year... I got a lot of calls from special people and a specific special person gifted me with delightfully thoughtful books. Karate class started out with a new person this week - another woman, finally. She turned out to be kind of scary and unstable (namely, angry) and the crazy left a deep, gigantic bruise on the inner side of my upper arm. I didn't even notice it until the next day when I lifted my arms to tie up my hair. It looks totally gnarly, but at least it didn't hurt much to get it and I now know what to expect from her when (or if) she comes back to class. She's supposed to be back tonight.

I have a lot of ideas brewing but not enough time to get them down. Drafts won't do for these, so I hope to get back here and write about them very soon... or maybe throw them onto Lawrence's wiki/blog (linked in the sidebar). That thing is structured very much the way people think (non-linearly), but it still feels a little unmanageable to me as a place for me to lay ideas down. Linearity can be a hard habit to break.

Comments:
I'm a linear person as well. It explains why I got lost somewhere around the time of N64. I can handle up/down/left/right games, but the minute I have to go backwards or something, I'm uninterested. Damn you, Mario.

I have bday goodies for you, they're with me today at work and I hope to get 'em to you tonight. Apologies for not calling - this has been a rough week. But hopefully the loot will make up for it. :)
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY hun!!! I hope that things are goin well in the land o plenty. Sorry about the new lady in class. Maybe you can give HER a bruise and you guys can match? Miss you tons, smoochies poochies
 
Post a Comment

<< Home