It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.

Edmund Hillary

9.29.2005

all dressed up and no place to go


I'm still sifting through old drafts that I never fleshed out. Several were too complicated and time-consuming, so I'm skipping to this late-August one. I don't really have anything profound to add to it, and so I'll just put it up and leave it at that.

Life cannot be classified in terms of a simple neurological ladder, with human beings at the top; it is more accurate to talk of different forms of intelligence, each with its strengths and weaknesses. This point was well demonstrated in the minutes before last December's tsunami, when tourists grabbed their digital cameras and ran after the ebbing surf, and all the 'dumb' animals made for the hills.

--B.R. Myers, author (1963- )


Comments:
I usually don't add anything to quotes. Because they're quotes, you know - they do their own thing.

-Cody
 
i <3 this quote.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home